If you’re just starting out, be prepared to learn new things every day as this is crucial if you want to be one step ahead of your competition. It will take a while to get used to the model and find the suppliers and products that are a good fit for your store and your customers.
Here are some tips to know before you start.
- Know your niche – it’s great to be operating in one or two niches that you understand well. This will help you make more sales in the future with high-profit items which can help you dominate certain markets.
- Test your product – the product is everything for the customer. If it’s not good enough, customers won’t come back, which means it’s important to make sure your product is high-quality and exactly as you describe it in your store.
- Don’t limit your suppliers – different suppliers offer different perks. When you’re starting out, it’s definitely worth testing a few options to see which fits best into your business model.
- Add value – if you’re selling goods that are sold by other sellers, you need to make sure that you are standing out with branding, which means that you will have to write your own product descriptions, and present it in a way that’s different to the other stores.
- Automate the process – automation is required if you want to grow your business. Once a good amount of orders start getting in, it can be quite tedious and time-consuming to manually order from your suppliers. To make it easier, automate the process so that orders are automatically placed as soon as the customer checks out and tracking numbers are uploaded within your handling time.
Now it’s time to dig a little deeper.
What to do after you’ve created your Amazon Seller Account?
Let’s continue with the following steps after you’ve created an Amazon Seller Account.
If you’re selling items in certain categories (including accessories, clothing, beauty and jewelry), you’ll have to get your product category approved. Just make sure to follow the instructions given by Amazon and you will receive a reply from them whether your product has been approved.
Now it’s time to start listing your items!
If the item in question already exists in Amazon’s catalog, here’s what you do:
- Search for the item that you’re selling on Amazon
- Make sure it’s the correct format and edition
- Click on the “Sell yours here” button
- Describe the condition of the item
- Set your price and shipping methods
What if your product doesn’t currently exist in Amazon’s catalog?
You’ll have to use the “Add a Product” tool to create a Product Detail Page – you can find all the details provided by Amazon from here.
Pro-Tip: If you want to add new products to Amazon, bear in mind that Amazon has pretty strict requirements when it comes to product images. Amongst other things, your main product image should be with a white background, so make sure your supplier can provide you with images which fall under Amazon’s specific requirements.
One last thing to talk about is if you’d like to do a little marketing, you can consider investing in Amazon’s Sponsored Product Ads.
There’s a variety of formats to choose from depending if you are advertising on desktop – your ads can appear above, alongside or below the search results. Where if you are advertising on mobile, your placements are limited to below search results, and on product details pages.
With Amazon’s Sponsored Product Ads, you can choose to either specify your own keywords (in a manual campaign), or use Amazon’s suggested keywords (in an automatic campaign).
One best practice?
Try to run automatic and manual campaigns at the same time, and feature the exact same products in both campaigns. In this way you can compare if the advertised products are selling more and your profit has increased.
Getting reviews on Amazon. Why are Amazon reviews so important?
The first reason is pretty straightforward: the more reviews there are, more trustworthy your product listing is and in general people are more likely to purchase from someone with a healthy selling history.
On top of that, reviews also (indirectly) help you to rank higher on Amazon. More and better reviews translate to higher sales conversion rates, and this will lead to your product being featured and found easier within Amazon.
“Reports show 55% of businesses believe that strong customer service leads to increased sales”
So how do you get more Amazon reviews? One way is to draft customer service email templates, but don’t waste time sending emails. Let’s say that you do that manually, you have to track each and every order and its state in order to send the message in a relevant timing.
Since you are also uploading tracking numbers, it’s crucial to notify the users when their order will be shipped and delivered. This will dramatically increase customer satisfaction and will bring you more loyal customers, which means what? – More sales and fresh traffic to your listings.
You can draft customizable emails, and update your customers depending on the status of the order. With these emails, you want to follow up with your customer and provide them with all the information that they’ll need about their purchase. At the same time, take the chance and remind them to leave a review.
Getting Your Amazon Store’s SEO Right
SEO (search engine optimization) is also a very important part of your dropshipping business.
How is Amazon SEO different from regular SEO? Instead of optimizing your content so that you can land on the first page of Google, you’re now doing it so that your listing will appear at the top of Amazon’s search results.
The first thing to get right is your product title.
Instead of simply listing your item as Ergonomic Gaming Chair, you’ll want to go into greater detail and include as many of the following elements as possible:
- Product Type
- Material or key feature
Your listing should now sound something like: Ergonomic Gaming Chair with Headrest and Massage Support, Racing Style PC Computer Chair with Adjustable Height.
With this more detailed product title (and assuming that you’ve optimized the other sections of your listing as well), you’ll be ahead if your customer searches for “ergonomic gaming chair massage support”.
The next thing is to make sure you include keywords in your product descriptions. You should be using long-tail keywords in your Amazon listing. Going with the same example of the gaming chair. Just try to give as much useful information as you can, thinking as you are the customer.
Need more inspiration? Here’s a free tool which uses Amazon’s Autocomplete service to find different popular long tail keywords.
To always have that necessary edge to get ahead, spend your time with Repricehub so your prices are always monitored and you never sell out of stock products. All you have to do is sign up today for your 14-day free trial, and you’ll be well on your way to a drop shipping superstar.
Visit https://www.repricehub.com/ to learn more.